My lovely followers x

Wednesday 7 March 2012

All the best plans........

Well, all the best plans and all that.......when I looked at the other 2 photos they weren't very good ( the pics, not the cards LOL) so that will be another job tomorrow. Instead, I thought I'd show you the card I made for my lovely sis-in-law's last birthday. Ros, my s-i-l has been part of our family for 52 years, and she really is the very best, I just think of her as the sister I didn't have. 
Each year I try to 'better' the year before's card, thankfully she loved this design......hope you like it too x

I mounted the main card onto acetate to give the appearance of it 'floating'.

15 comments:

  1. Stunning card Barbara, very elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the floating effect. I'm sure she'll love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so delicate - love it!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Very impressive card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Which die did you use for the leaves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Gail, I think the leaf die was from http://www.littleclaire.co.uk I've since bought Memory Box 'fern', and the Spellbinders leaves set, so don't use this one much now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to repeat what Jane has said...... Absolutely STUNNING. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card, your Sister In Law will love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Barbara this is fabulous!! I love how you have mounted it onto acetate!!! Beautiful swirls, pearls and flowers too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a beautiful card as always Barbara,

    Ros xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so lovely, really stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Barbara, glad we found each other again!! Thanks for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutly beautiful, we should all use acetate more in our crafting. Great card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete